[Cialug] Recover fat32 logical partition(s)

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Jan 31 21:14:43 UTC 2020

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

> It's not particularly weird to see partition 2 and 5 at the same
> sector,an MBR and PBR aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, and
> extended MBRis basically just putting a MBR in a PBR.

I just realized what happened, .. there *should* be three extended
partitions, 3,4,5; apparently what happened is that something hosed the
main entry on sdb2, lost partitions 3 and 4, so assigned the entire region
to 5.

So, .. I think what it needs is to recover the actual extended partition
entries.

	Thanks!