[Cialug] Unifi user 'profiling'

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Feb 18 21:33:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> Unifi has "Smart Queues" and it's certainly possible to limit bandwidth
> ona per-device basis (per user I don't know about).

Actually, I think I might stumbled on a way to segregate traffic:

 * Create multiple SSIDs/VLANs
 * Assign appropriate traffic policies to each

That way, I can give the 'basic' VLAN, say, 2Mbps, .. while the 'staff'
VLAN 20Mbps.

What I can't figure out is if a USG required to enforce a traffic policy
or if it can be done in the [single] AP.

	Thanks!