[Cialug] IPFire

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:03:42 UTC 2020

A lot of the consumer SOHO routers let you attach a disk or printer to
their USB ports, and do file sharing or run a print-server too. For people
that don't want to have an additional appliance it is convenience. But
you're potentially giving up a lot of security.

Personally I'd recommend to them to get a NAS appliance like a Synology for
the extras, and just let the firewall be the firewall.

-dc