[Cialug] openvpn

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Wed Dec 2 20:22:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 03:46:30PM -0600, Theron Conrey wrote:

> Depending on ubiquti device, wireguard may be supported already.

Yep, WireGuard has official support for Ubiquiti devices:

https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-vyatta-ubnt

I've been using WireGuard at home and work for a while and it's
wonderful.  We have clients/endpoints on macOS, iOS, Android, Windows 8,
Windows 10, Linux and OpenBSD, and it just works.  WireGuard is at the
top level in terms of ease of configuration and usage, stability, speed,
and security.

It's so good that if my hardware didn't support WireGuard for some
reason, I would just get different hardware.  But Ubiquiti definitely
supports it, either directly through the above link, or indirectly by
just installing your own operating system onto the machine and running
WireGuard like normal.  Or lastly, using wireguard-go, which also works
well.

Nicolai