[Cialug] Firefox 80 & eBay

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sat Aug 29 22:53:43 UTC 2020

Get rid of NoScript? The unfortunate reality these days is that all sites
require JavaScript and NoScript is way too aggressive at blocking scripts.
eBay looks just fine for me with FF80 on Fedora 32. Even have uBlock origin
and Privacy Badger installed.

Jeff

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 2:51 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> The eBay site was broken earlier this week with FF 78, .. so I upgrade to
> 80, which seemed to fix it. Now, same problem - all layout is broken.
> NoScript only sees eBay JS (used to be a lot more), ..  UBlockOrigin is
> turned off.
>
> There is a error showing in the inspector:
> Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The operation is insecure.
>
> Anyone been able to work around?
>
>         Thanks!

Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.