[Cialug] speedtest-cli lies!!!

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Aug 20 23:18:21 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Jared Brees wrote:

> I've used SpeedTest GUI with symmetrical connections a lot
> (https://www.speedtest.net/result/8270594082.png); never had an issue.

Was not talking about the GUI, .. we don't have GUIs on machines behind
that link.

> At the moment I'm not on a symmetrical connection, but I'm getting over
> 400Mbps upload through both CLI and GUI Speedtest without issue.

400 / ??

SpeedTest GUI worked fine, .. but it requires a GUI - hard to do if there
isn't one.

speedtest-cli was the one having a problem with a symmetrical connection -
it showed up/dn as both at the lowest rate, while the GUI did evaluate
correctly.

	Lee