[Cialug] OT: Cable Modem troubelshooting

chris at bynw.com chris at bynw.com
Thu Apr 30 17:13:45 UTC 2020

The Arris modem doesn't have wifi so if it's connected to your cable
service you should be able to access it. Generally it's at 192.168.1.100

If it's connected to the cable service the firmware can be seen by any
technical rep at Mediacom. Updating it isn't possible by the end user
but it can be done by Mediacom if there is an approved firmware update
available.

If you have a wireless gateway, that might be locked down more if you
aren't paying for Mediacom's wireless service.