[Cialug] VirtualBox 6.1 & 6.1.2

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Apr 28 20:36:23 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 3:24 PM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2020, Dave Hala wrote:
>
> > There is still something wonky with the guest display drivers too.
>  Theywork fine on centos 6 & 7.  Gnome on Centos 7 works *really* well,
> butGnome with Wayland on RHEL 8, has dismal performance, it randomly locks
> uphard when resizing the guest window.
> >
> I tried Wayland about a year ago, .. definitely not ready for prime time.
> Needs to get a LOT more polished - it was missing what I would consider
> essential, such as copy/past in xTerm.

xterm? There are so many newer terminal emulators why are you stuck on
that? Even gnome-terminal is good enough for my needs that I haven't
bothered looking for anything else.

Mainly the things that don't work very well are apps that haven't been
rebuilt to use Wayland natively rather than using the XWayland
compatibility layer.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.