[Cialug] an easier way?

Barry Von Ahsen vonahsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 16:30:20 UTC 2020

It's unlikely the attacker edited 700 posts either - if you have direct access to the logs, you should be able to find the malicious web request that inserted the redirect, and potentially undo it in the same way.  Probably a request with a giant base64 URL parameter (apologies if you're not a web geek, and this is all Greek)

I see you've already updated WP and plugins, so it might take a bit more effort if the hole has been patched

-barry