[Cialug] grep question

chris at bynw.com chris at bynw.com
Fri Apr 17 00:55:35 UTC 2020

I was wondering about that. But the man page detail reads:

        -l, --files-with-matches
               Suppress normal output; instead print the name of each
input file from which output would normally  have
               been printed.  The scanning will stop on the first match.

which makes me think the scanning will stop while I'm scanning multiple
files and want them all scanned for the matching text.