[Cialug] Dude, Where's My Sort?

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:03:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:53 PM Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:25 PM Daniel A. Ramaley <
> daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
>

>> I tried it on both RHEL 6 and 8 systems and they work just fine. It
>> seems to be a bug in RHEL 7.
>>

> I think that it's less of a "bug" in RHEL 7 than a "feature not
> implemented". One of the

reasons you choose a distro like RHEL is that behaviors don't change over
> the

lifetime of the major version.

One is not accustomed to thinking of "sort" failing to sort as a "feature
not implemented". But then again, coreutils on my machine is only up to
version 8.22. Maybe sort being able to sort is in the next major release.

--
Todd