[Cialug] October Meeting: Centos 8

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Mon Sep 30 11:13:31 UTC 2019

Been running RHEL 8 in production for a couple of months now. It's an easy
transition from Centos 7 -if you're just running the LAMP stack.   The big
change there was the switch to Apache using php-fpm.    That was a couple
hours of head scratching to make the transition.  T

The updated version of Gnome works a lot better in a virtualized
(virtualbox) environment.   The Desktop still has some of that RedHat "we
didn't spend as much time on this as Ubuntu did, but probably should have,
but didn't because its not high enough on our priority list type of feel".

If you were using tcpwrappers for anything, you'll need to transition over
to using firewalld for that functionality.

Again, for a simple boring more or less basic configuration, it's an easy
move.

:) Dave

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:32 AM Andrew Denner <linux-list at upeke.com> wrote:

> Since it is finally here, let's talk about Centos 8 this month...
>
> This month we will also be trying an online live stream for the main
> presentation. (Note: Parts of the meeting may not be broadcast/recorded at
> the presenter's request.)
> http://meet.google.com/nbe-esoi-hgz ‎(‪US‬)‪+1 318-501-3066‬  <%E2%80%AA+1
> 318-501-3066%E2%80%AC>PIN: ‪903 181 468#‬
>

> - title: "October Meeting: Centos 8"
>
> > group: "Central Iowa Linux Users Group (CIALUG)"
> >> location: "DMACC Ankeny Campus Building 3W, Room 36"
> >> details_url: "https://www.cialug.org/?page_id=7&event_id=1100 "
> >> date: "October 16"
> >>
> >> time: "7:00 - 8:30pm"

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us