[Cialug] The question of Remote viewing of LUG meetings

Andrew Denner linux-list at upeke.com
Wed Sep 18 15:30:30 UTC 2019

There have been requests to have either a live stream of our meeting or
record it for several people who live outside of the Des Moines area.
Others have expressed concern/dislike of being recorded.

I see three possible options and am willing to obey the wisdom of the
masses. (We can also discuss this issue further at the meeting tonight) All
of these options would be subject to change at the request of the presenter
and attendees

1.) Don't make any recording/live stream. This is self explanatory.
2.) Record and post
        a.) Video Camera in back of room, better captures presenter and
crowd interactions, send slide deck out separately. This would miss any
demos
        b.) Screen capture only in something like google hangouts via
youtube. This would miss any room interactions but better capture screen
stuff
3.) Live stream only on a platform like google hangouts (if so what
platform, or are there good FOSS options) This would help address the
concerns while still allowing for remote access.

What do people think?