[Cialug] DSL modem

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Sat Sep 14 17:24:08 UTC 2019

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 11:33:34AM -0500, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get a DSL modem locally (Des Moines metro)
> that will work with Century Link? Friend's DSL died and needs a new modem.

Online swap sites may be a good option; although craigslist seems devoid
of DSL modems in the Des Moines area right now.  Beyond that you may
have to expand your search.  If you expand your search to Ames there are
currently a GT784WN and DGND3700 available.

Do you need pair bonded DSL support?  VDSL?  VDSL2?  built-in WiFi?
built-in Ethernet switch?

If Ames is an option, I've got a CenturyLink/Actiontec C1000A I could
easily part with.  I'd less easily part with a spare Netgear DM200 or
TP-Link TD-W8970 (these currently are running OpenWrt and would probably
need to be reverted to stock firmware).

	Jonathan Kollasch