[Cialug] SSH Host Key Permissions

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Wed Mar 27 21:43:53 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 05:21:05PM -0400, Todd Walton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:37 PM Nicolai <nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org> wrote:
> > Try this, without changing or omitting anything.  From the console of
> > your server type this exactly and copy/paste the output:
>
> Thanks for the help, Nicolai. The problem, in this case, is that I
> can't do those things. I not only can't SSH in, I also can't get to
> the server's console.

Ah, so your console access is read-only?

I don't think this is a huge problem.  Here's what I would do then: just
put the commands I told you about into a shell script to run at startup,
as root of course.  Then ssh into the box.

The commands don't need to be run manually; a startup script is fine.

If that doesn't fix it, perhaps you could modify the startup script to
write output to /tmp/output.txt, run nc/netcat to read that file, then
grab it remotely with nc.  Or just use http(s) if you're already running
a webserver.  That way you see what the blocker is.

But I think the commands I showed should resolve the issue.

How many servers are left?

Nicolai