[Cialug] Pi 4

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:42:05 UTC 2019

Prices go up pretty fast with more RAM; 2GB = $45 and 4GB = $55

Also not so thrilled with going from full-size HDMI to Micro HDMI. The Pi
Zero uses Mini HDMI, so now there are 3 sizes of HDMI across the product
line.  Maybe they are going to switch everything to micro HDMI eventually,
but doesn't make me happy. Just to clarify, the 3 A+ uses full-size HDMI
still, and the FAQ says there's no plan to make a Pi 4 A+. So Zero = mini,
A = full-size, B = micro.

However, I *am* happy about the switch to USB-C for power. It is all too
easy to bump your micro USB power adapter on the current Pi and
accidentally power cycle it. my 2 cents....

Tim Champion