[Cialug] cat -A... what do those characters mean?

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:37:50 UTC 2019

I wouldn't rely on the caret notation, look up the hex code as the source
of truth. I've seen cases where the character represented in various
notations doesn't match what the actual hex value is in the file.

Here's an extended ascii chart that shows your bullet character as ASCII
149, or 10010101 in binary.

https://www.ascii-code.com/

-dc