[Cialug] SELinux

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Thu Aug 29 16:27:13 UTC 2019

Seems to me that if the complaint is that the millienial coders are messing
things up wouldn't fault lie with the engineers that did the design and the
executives that lead the teams that produce the products?   The lowly
coders are usually at the end of the food chain in large shops like REDHAT.

:) Dave

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 11:22 AM Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 11:51 AM L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>
> > More frustrating is those millenials with no actual experience
> > sacrificing functionality for 'pretty'.
> >

> In the last StackExchange Developer Survey, the average of U.S. respondents
> was 35, i.e. over half were millenials. Most U.S. developers started coding
> at 15 or 16, and have an average of 14 years of experience.
>
> Like, how much more do you want out of a coder? Is it only at 20 years of
> experience that they get to do systems programming? 25? Or what?
>
> --
> Todd

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us