[Cialug] HW, anyone?

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:39:04 UTC 2018

Several vendors are doing hyperconverged systems where you buy nodes with
both compute and storage (sometimes using NVME drives) in them. I'm not
sure I'm a fan of that, from what I've seen if you're in need of either
more compute power or more storage, you have to keep adding on nodes with
both, which would get pricey very fast.

I'm not convinced it's the way to go, for many cases you'd be better off
building the compute and storage separately to tailor those to your needs.

-dc