[Cialug] HW, anyone?

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Sep 12 13:28:48 UTC 2018

I've been running a pre-production prototype of this drive on a production
mysql server for the last 15 months:

https://www.kingston.com/us/ssd/enterprise/DCP1000

Contact Kingston directly and ask to talk to one of their engineers about a
configuration of 30 tb.    Here's a contact: Cameron_Crandall at kingston.com

:) Dave

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Mike Hughes <mike at visionary.com> wrote:

> Speaking of hardware we're looking to buy a new storage device(s) with
> 30+TB capacity and high IOPS for databases & VMs. My dream would be to have
> the option to fill a hybrid system with the latest NVMe as we can afford
> them and stuff the rest with a couple rows of 2.5" HDDs for cold storage.
>
> We considered a BackBlaze Storage Pod (which are actually available if you
> contact BackupPods directly) but I was scared off by the SPOF introduced by
> the lack of dual controllers.
>
> Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with building and maintaining a
> machine of this girth? Is it worth the hassle to avoid the vendor lock-in
> that the major players insist on?

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.