[Cialug] HW, anyone?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Sep 10 20:55:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, David Champion wrote:

> I wouldn't personally run anything "production" on a rasberry pi.

For heaven's sake why? We have nine Pis (two clusters - four & five) in
the rack right now, three are prod DNS and two are test email servers. In
the process of moving our four mail machines to five Pis (separate for the
ClamAV daemon due to it's 500MB memory requirement).

In addition, our PBX is based a Pi, been running for over two years 24/7.

We use Pis for "Server Room Monitors", have some 2Bs that have been up
24/7 for over five years!!

There are lots of requirements that don't require a dedicated PC, .. and
if so there is no need to endure the physical space or power required for
any sort of full system.

	Thanks!

	Lee