[Cialug] requesting help for troubleshooting

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 02:11:08 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:06:23 PM CDT Todd Walton wrote:
> Theoretically, it shouldn't. The spec says that X should fallback on a
> reasonable default if that variable is not set. That's kind of vague
> though.

Agreed. I suspect it is one of the problems that I happen to see the warning message about, but perhaps not among the critical ones.

This is what I meant by things were getting more complicated over the years. It is so hard to figure out which setting is stored in which file sometimes. There may be many inter-dependencies between settings too. Akonadi is a prime example of this. It is amazing how complicated it is to clone one's KDEPIM settings to another computer. Documentation for KDE is also not the best. Arch Wiki was another very important reason why I chose Manjaro...

Hakan