[Cialug] Century link fiber

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:49:54 UTC 2018

I kind of like Ubiquity's hardware, If you need a router, you just  get a
router not some all in one the may have wifi fail in a year or two. I
thought synology was going to be good hardware but this year the 2.4gz
radio on my 2.5 yr old router has been shutting off at random times
Since CL's fiber is 1g, is that the same speed in both directions? The
problem I've run into is with hd cameras, they take a lot of upstream band
width. My 40mb dsl is only 5mb upstream on a good day it may be 4mb.

When I get around to calling CL questions I need to ask,
How much is the hardware.
Who makes it the hardware.
Where's the hardware go, inside or outside.
Can I get the same speed in both directions.
All my utilities are buried, how much extra to have the fiber buried?
because of the trees.
Anything  else I need to ask?