[Cialug] Password Manager

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:19:00 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018, 13:42 Scott Yates <Scott at yatesframe.com> wrote:

> On a related note; does anyone happen to know if there is a way to set up a
> "dead mans switch" with BitWarden?

On the topic of nerd-speak, looking over Hashicorp Vault I found the phrase
"break-glass procedure". I didn't know what it was so I looked it up. It
seems to me that Hashicorp is misusing the phrase. Everywhere else says
it's a way to get emergency access (while leaving a highly visible trail of
having done so). Hashicorp seems to be using it like "if the Russian mafia
just broke the windows on your house you can quickly lock down access". So,
emergency *non*-access.

--
Todd