[Cialug] Password Manager

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Oct 1 16:03:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM Adam Shannon <adamkshannon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't call vault a password manager. It's a deployed service you run
> to generate and lifecycle credentials.
>
> I've seen a few folks use it as a password manager, but you still need to
> run it somewhere.

Yeah, I use it as "just" a password manager for a Python script that
needs usernames/passwords to log into various services. Rather than
hardcoding them into a text file I put the usernames/password into
Vault and modified my script to get the usernames/passwords via the
Vault API.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.