[Cialug] Password managers

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu May 24 16:10:16 UTC 2018

On Thu, 24 May 2018, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> Refuse to fix, or can't fix? Everything that I've seen indicates that
> basicauth filling was a feature that browsers broke, not LastPass.

Looks like both - the newer WebAPIs don't support basic auth from a
plugin, and LastPass is refusing to acknowledge the issue.

Looked at Keeper, no basic auth; can't spot any notes that another
commercal has a solution, ..

It DOES look like BitWarden WILL fill if there is only one entry in your
Vault, so right now that looks like the most promising solution.

Kudos to Open Source!!

	Lee