[Cialug] Password managers

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu May 24 15:41:23 UTC 2018

You seem to like bashing on LastPass, but have you considered that not all
of these changes might be under the control of LastPass?
Browsers and websites are rapidly evolving targets. The lack of ability to
fill basic auth popups actually seems to be the "fault" of the browsers.
FireFox and Chrome probably removed features that LastPass depended on
because those features were being misused by malware.

As far as opening tabs rather than pop-ups, again that's likely a change
forced upon them by the browsers. Chrome has done that for a long time, and
FireFox has caught up.

I think that LastPass does as well as it can for a HTML/CSS/JavaScript app
in terms of performance. Yeah, maybe there's a little bloat in favor of eye
candy but I like the way it looks and I'm sure that they need to keep it
looking "modern" in order to keep subscriptions.

In any case, I doubt that you'll find anything that does as good a job as
LastPass.

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.