[Cialug] Electronic parts, ir leds. In Dsm?

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Mon May 14 16:27:32 UTC 2018

I remember going to the Radio shack store 40 years ago as a child to get
parts for the "burglar alarms" I was making.  The babysitter was terrified
of my "projects".

Come to think of it... I was old to enough to walk ten blocks to Radio
Shack store, but I still had a babysitter... .Hmmm...

:) Dave

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM, David Champion <dchamp1337 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As far as I know, the remaining Radio Shack stores are just cell phone
> retailers now.
>
> -dc
>

> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It has been Y-E-A-R-S since I’ve been there, but I thought Mid-State
> > Distributing Co on Bell had parts. Or maybe Graybar on E 4th and Des
> > Moines.
> >
> > If those don’t work, go buy cheap electronics from Goodwill or similar,
> and
> > desolder them.
> >
> > I think there are still some Radio Shack stores in the area, but maybe
> not
> > Des Moines, and they might not carry parts. Google maps says there’s one
> in
> > Winterset and one in Pella.
> >
> > On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 10:33 AM Kyle H <khamil8686 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > That's what i was afraid of :( instant gratification!!!

> pick
> > up
> > > anyone
> > go

> > --
> > Tim
> > Required reading: http://bccplease.com/

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.