[Cialug] CIALUG Group project?-- flying e-book... DUCK!!!

Kyle H khamil8686 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:55:01 UTC 2018

  I already sent some emails for idea research to on with life (tbi rehab
place), a Dr, and a therapist who see many people with disabilities. I
figured i may need to get a concrete idea to aim for and then explicitly
get volunteers for the steps of the project.
  I do need help running this, if you are interested? I can do it, it's
just helpful to have someone without short term memory loss & a brain
injury helping to lead it. Two heads are better than one, and it helps me
to see the whole picture, one of many ways I have to cope.
  At DMACC from 2011-2014 I got a 4.0gpa, several IT certs, was the first
Honors student (New DMACC program stayed in 2012-13ish) to graduate from
that program and held leadership positions. I'm very proud of it, not
trying to brag if it sounds like i am. i am smart and capable but, as i
like to say,  execution is flawed. In my leadership positions I've always
had someone there to bounce stuff off of and help. Since you have recent
experience with it, you would be perfect for it if you are up for another
gold star on your resume! That goes for anyone who wants to help with the
project. HR loves seeing that you have hobbies and are a positive influence
in the world! You could be leader or co leader, whichever you would like.
For me, the main thing is that all i want is to give back to society. I
just feel i owe it to the world to make the most of my second chance. I'll
repeat my story because it's relevant and i have no idea who already knows
me, and i have no idea whom i have told on this list.
  Sep 5, 2007, i took a *sleeping pill that had a side effect of blacking
out* *rarely that i wasn't aware it had*... oops... I took it one night,
then woke up two months later! Best nap ever! I learned that my girlfriend
of the time and i got into an argument that night. So, I *unknowingly*
decided to take a casual drive to cool off.
  They didn't have much hope for me waking up,  it was assumed i was going
to die, or  live life as a vegetable. The police even held my family at
home until they knew for sure my condition. They didn't know to send them
to the hospital, or the morgue.  The hospital it was!!
  I stabilized, but slept 24/7 while my brain rebooted, had my bios
reflashed, and my os was cleaned up/repaired/reprogrammed by whichever
deitie(s) that you may believe in. I slowly slept less and less, went to
therapy, etc.
  I finally left the hospital after a fateful meeting a therapy dog. This
is why i have a therapy dog today and I regularly take him to places for
visits. (if you have a place that would like a therapy dog to visit, email
me and maybe wee can work it out! Anyways, the big beautiful golden
retriever dog came in, jumped on my bed and  bonded with me.   This was a
miracle moment. The nurses were amazed, all the swelling on my brain and
any other abnormalities subsided immediately as further tests showed.
 because of this therapy dog, I was able to go home soon after meeting
her!! (I wish i could find her again, that beautiful blonde golden
retriever that used to make rounds at Mercy and Mercy Capital in 2007. I'd
love to thank her and tell her owner that their dog is a reason I'm alive
and did so well l in my recovery.
  I went home to a teenage dream, videogames and nerding out 24/7...
Actually gets kind of boring, but the nerding out stuck with me!
  Surprisingly, my brain injury has improved my life in many ways, while
completely inhibiting others. I'm not a trouble maker anymore as I was and
many in their teens/twenties can be. I don't take so many things for
granted, and i learned to really value what i have. I could have had
nothing.Right after i graduated DMACC and entered the work force my health
started declining... but here i am today! :)
  This isn't the only effort I've made to give back of course. It's a life
habit/value/moral that i live by. This is a much larger way to exercise
it.  I've done public motivational speaking,  fundraisers where one of
which rose $300000 For DMACC honors scholarships! I still don't feel like
I've paid the world back enough for 2007. :)

Apologies for the tangent. You all should know I'm looking winded! Lol. If
you have questions about the project, or my story too, feel free to reach
out. My number is 515-864-6336 text/call and email of course. Looking
forward to finding a good idea to build this project up.  Will keep group
updated.

Thank you,
Kyle