[Cialug] CIALUG Group project?-- flying e-book... DUCK!!!

Josh More jmore at starmind.org
Thu May 10 19:27:13 UTC 2018

I just ran a project like this and it went extremely well.  However, the
trick is to have an in-person kickoff and to pre-create an outline so
people can volunteer to fill in their specific areas of interest.

I ran the project for 1.5 weeks out of my house, leading the people through
a research sprint, a writing sprint, and an editing sprint. We all
negotiated the length of each sprint, but managed to get through about two
cycles per day.

We ended the project with just over 80 pages.  I have to add about 20 more
pages on my own and we'll be done.

So the model can work.  You just really need a strong workflow manager and
good initial structure first.

-Josh More