[Cialug] Partition Issue

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Mar 23 01:24:14 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-22 16:49, David Champion wrote:
> Once heard about a guy that took an old PC tower and filled it full of
> concrete, and would leave it on his front porch. It would get stolen, and
> he'd find it on the sidewalk a block or two away. Sounds like a fun prank.

Reminds me of a similar story. If people encounter a small box on the
sidewalk, what do they do? With a moderately high probability, they kick
it. I heard of someone who took a shoe box, filled it with bricks, and
then set it on the sidewalk. On Halloween, when there were lots of
people out walking around. My high school physics teacher told me this
story. Allegedly it was one of his friends that did it.

--Dan

__
Daniel Ramaley | Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services | Drake University
T: +1-515-271-4540
W: http://www.drake.edu/its