[Cialug] Check_MK Help?

Rob Cook rdjcook at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 21:38:57 UTC 2018

Trying to monitor a printer, OKI MPS711c, when I try to select the items
I'd like to monitor in Check_MK I get an error telling me that CMK *"Cannot
fetch system description OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0. This might be OK for some
bogus devices. In that case please configure the ruleset "Hosts without
system description OID" to tell Check_MK not to fetch the system
description and system object OIDs"*

When SSH'ed into the box I can snmpwalk that IP and get that OID just fine.
When I'm su'ed as the CMK user I can still snmpwalk the IP and get the OID
fine. However when I do a *cmk -I OkiMPS711c* I'm told that it can't get
the OID and the check fails.

So I know this works from an SNMP standpoint I'm just not sure why cmk is
unable to do it.

Ideas?