[Cialug] Bash or Terminal Output

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 20:40:27 UTC 2018

>From the request to decide to recover the listing after the fact, only a
scroll buffer of some type will work. Could be in your terminal app (I use
iTerm, which can keep a transcript of every session), screen, or tmux.

If you can remember that you might want a transcript afterwards, 'script'
is very helpful. I keep wishing I'd used time and script on long installs
to see how long they took and what all the announcements from the installer
said.

--Don