[Cialug] Cloud Only?

Brian Wood woodbrian77 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:50:29 UTC 2018

From: Todd Walton

> Anybody have any experience with a company going cloud only? And, more
> importantly, how big was that company? Like, is there a certain point of
> size or complexity of a company's operations where you can't realistically
> expect to do everything in the cloud? What things would a person have to
> think about when considering that?

I'm not sure what the point would be.  Public cloud services are
often cheaper than alternatives, but if a company has no proprietary
information, who will invest in the company?   This cloud IDE
https://codetasty.com      is kind of a strange thing imo because
you have to upload everything -- at least if you want to compile
and debug your code there.

I have an on-line code generator that writes messaging code based
on user input.  Unlike that cloud IDE, you don't have to release all, or
even most, of your code to use my service.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Enjoying programming again.
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards