[Cialug] SOT: Local ISPs

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Tue Aug 7 16:07:00 UTC 2018

Mediacom business just has better phone support and the option for static
ip's but they aren't any better at fixing things or ensuring that you have
minimal downtime. They can't even notify business customers when have
scheduled maintenance.

I might also add that if you are a business customer in a residential area,
and residential installer checks your address, he won't find it in the
residential database, so he will disconnect you. It has happened to me FOUR
times.

:) Dave

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Josh More <jmore at starmind.org> wrote:

> I also don't know about the local market anymore, but up here, I've been
> getting fantastic service from Comcast Business. It's the same network, but
> I get priority service and an SLA in uptime and speed that is well worth
> the extra price.
>
> Perhaps Mediacom has a similar option?
>
> -Josh
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 16:42 Nathan C. Smith <NSmith at hhlawpc.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems like the Local ISPs have all gone away with Aureon having
> gobbled
> > them up. Are there any ISPs left that serve Des Moines?  I’m looking for
> > Internet service in the Windsor Heights area for one of my kids.  Any
> > thoughts on getting the best deals out of Mediacom?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > ________________________________
> > [http://owa.hhlawpc.com/graphics/HHLogo.jpg]<http://www.hhlawpc.com>
> > This E-mail (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic
> > Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and
> may
> > contain attorney-client materials and/or attorney work product, legally
> > privileged and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
> > recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
> > distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> > Please respond to the sender that you have received the message in error,
> > then delete it and destroy any and all copies of it.  If you are a client
> > of our firm, this e-mail confirms that communication to you by e-mail is
> an
> > acceptable way to transmit attorney-client information.  Thank you.

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.