[Cialug] SSL Certs

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Apr 9 13:56:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:11 AM, Dave Hala <dave at 58ghz.net> wrote:

> I'm thinking I'd like an EV cert, but they are pricey. The commodo cert is
> 427.00

If you really _need_ a EV cert, I'd go with DigiCert as they are cheaper
anyway and I trust them more. I've never gotten an EV cert before so i
can't say how tough the process is, but there is going to be some
rigamarole. Even for the prices that DigiCert is charging, I'd have to
justify the cost based on some income. Even Google isn't using EV certs (I
checked www.google.com and mail.google.com).

--
Jeff Ollie
The majestik møøse is one of the mäni interesting furry animals in Sweden.