[Cialug] old web site

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Tue Sep 26 18:36:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 06:31:53AM -0500, Patrick Mcgillan wrote:
> Thanks for ideas and thoughts.
>
> I started with option 5 and emailed them a letter.

Good start.  Who did you email though?  Colo4? RimuHosting?
skyhouseconsulting?  Lotta ins, lotta outs.

> Option 6 is of course just let it die next May

Keep in mind, squatters may perceive value in the domain based on number
of inbound links or other criteria, and their domain registration
systems are automated to the second.  So waiting for the domain to lapse
won't work if squatters have their eyes on it.  How likely is that?

Regarding the bills being paid, it's probable that the consulting company
paid for N months of service in advance.

Nicolai