[Cialug] Apple users BEWARE!!!

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Sep 20 19:15:18 UTC 2017

This is the third one of these fake Apple account emails I have seen this
month:

=============================

Dear Customer,

Your AppIe lD was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.

Date and Time: September 20, 2017
Browser: Safari
Operating System: MacOS

For security reason we've locked your account. In order to continue using
your AppIe lD,
you need to login and unlock your account by clicking the link below.

Please update your account information or we will suspend your account!

Verify account >

Of course, the "Verify Account" link will capture your credentials and,
poof, your account is compromised.

Be sure to warn anyone Apple users you know! It's easy to identify the
fake emails, as they originate at a Google Mail server.

	Lee