[Cialug] Linux on Lenovo Laptop - Battery Issue

Sean Flattery sean.r.flattery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 14:33:53 UTC 2017

I haven't used these methods before, but perhaps WinPE or Windows To Go
will work for your needs?  They're both methods of live CD/USB booting of
Windows, and perhaps one will let you use that Lenovo battery manager
program.

I wonder if using a Windows VM would expose the battery device to the guest
OS?  If so that would be another option.

For a Linux only option, TLP might work with your model.
http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-linux-advanced-power-management.html

Thanks,
Sean