[Cialug] Mediacom - not Linux related

Kevin Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Fri Sep 8 22:47:52 UTC 2017

Figured it out I think. They used a contractor to do the install, who
failed to add a MoCA filter. Apparently, without that what we are
experiencing can happen. Two cable Internet services are combined somehow.
I'm actually seeing devices on someone else's cable Internet service on her
network; and Mediacom is seeing their online activity as my mother's.

Anyway, they are sending someone out to correct it. They removed the
"violations" from her account.