[Cialug] Mediacom - not Linux related

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:40:02 UTC 2017

My experience with DMCAs and Mediacom: You will get a ton of them even with
one infraction.  I think I had my wifi open for less than a day when I had
a house guest who couldnt get on wifi without it being open. Someone
attached to my wifi and downloaded porn torrents (it wasnt me..I swear!).

DMCAs are all automated. They see the IP in the torrent swarm and send the
notice.  Validate that you've locked everything down and ignore them. One
batch doesnt make your account stick out. Repeated batches does.

I had to respond to Mediacom that I'd cleaned it up before they would
enable the modem again.
.
Read this: https://dietrolldie.com/newbie-noob-start-here/
https://dietrolldie.com/2013/06/20/what-to-do-when-notified-of-possible-online-copyright-infringement/