[Cialug] Mediacom - not Linux related

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:22:00 UTC 2017

I believe that it is up to Mediacom to prove she had the IP at that time.
It's easily in the realm of reasonable for them to keep those records
(especially if they are forwarding notices), and it is far outside the
realm or reasonable to expect users to keep a record of the IPs they have.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at linuxsmith.com> wrote:

> Can't be certain what she had that IP at that time.
>
> On Sep 5, 2017 08:55, "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Kevin Smith wrote:
> >
> > > Notice is legit.
> > >
> > Are you also certain the timeframe of the complaint is the time when you
> > had that IP?
> >
> >         Lee

Jeff Chapin
President, CedarLug, retired
President, UNIPC, "I'll get around to it"
President, UNI Scuba Club
Senator, NISG, retired