[Cialug] Courseware

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 22:36:37 UTC 2017

I happened to come across this deal earlier today:

Earn valuable certifications with a 1 yr subscription to Linux Academy
[DEALS]
https://androidcommunity.com/earn-valuable-certifications-with-a-1-yr-subscription-to-linux-academy-deals-20171020/

I don't know how Linux Academy is though.

Linux Foundation has free courses:
https://training.linuxfoundation.org/free-linux-training

Probably I'd recommend getting an intro book (a book, not a website) on a
specific Linux distro, then install that distro and follow instructions.
Write in the book. Start ls'ing directories and asking yourself what they
are, then finding the answers. Especially /proc and /dev. Poke and play and
stuff. Install something. Edit your .bash_profile and make something neat
happen on login. Always read the man page.

--
Todd