[Cialug] Fwd: Looking for free old laptop, Linuxable

Rachel Garrett rgarrett at iastate.edu
Fri Nov 17 23:55:39 UTC 2017

== Apologies for re-sending this, but it didn't appear in my mailbox the
first time, possibly because I just resubscribed to the list under my new
Iowa State e-mail. ==

Greetings,

Has anyone got an old unused laptop they haven't gotten around to
recycling? I've got some install CDs, ready to install Linux myself, and
only need spreadsheet/word processing (not even Internet). Pretty much
anything will do.

If you have something along these lines, I'd be grateful to have it; I'm
without a computer at the moment (for the first time in two decades!). Iowa
State has free open facilities that take care of most things, but not the
driving need to create new spreadsheets and lists at 3AM.

No phone at the moment, but I can be reached at rgarrett at iastate.edu.
Currently located in Ames.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,