[Cialug] DevOps DSM tonight

Matt Millard millard.matt at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:55:50 UTC 2017

Thought I'd send out a note to see if anyone is interested in joining Keith
Resar from Red Hat give a talk on Docker/Kuberneyes and OpenShift.

Matt - gocyclones on irc

http://devopsdsm.com/posts/docker-kubernetes-openshift

Learning docker and Kubernetes with OpenShift
<http://devopsdsm.com/posts/docker-kubernetes-openshift>When

May 31st at 6:00 PM
Where

*NOTE:* We are on the 3rd floor from now on.

Gravitate Conference Room
Third Floor
206 3th Ave Des Moines, IA

Map Link
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/206+6th+Ave,+Des+Moines,+IA+50309>
Agenda

Everyone’s heard about Docker and how it’s going to solve all of our
problems, or not. In this session, we’ll walk you through using Docker and
discuss why using a scheduler and orchestration system is important. Then
we’ll dive into actual usage of the container application platform,
OpenShift Origin, to show how it makes both Docker and Kubernetes
accessible to the average human being. We’ll keep the slides to a minimum
and instead focus on live demo/coding/deployments. After deploying several
containers, we’ll turn up the heat by showcasing scaling and moving on to
deployment strategies including blue/green.

Keith Resar is a Solutions Architect for Red Hat and a regular Open Source
contributor. He’s consulted with dozens of organizations helping them
successfully adopt IaaS and PaaS. With an expertise in cloud automation and
the Kubernetes-based OpenShift PaaS he’s made deploying applications more
accessible throughout the enterprise.

--
Matt Millard