[Cialug] Infiniband

Kyle H khamil8686 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:05:31 UTC 2017

I found an older nas thanks to a cialug user whom I had met previously
before and didn't realize it! Thank you again! Also in my search I found
two other sans for 100 each if anyone is interested contact me for Netapp
fas2020 Or a Western digital cloud ex4
  So, I now have a nas with what looks like five infiniband ports on it
which are capable of 15Gb/s each since they are x4. I can find pcI adapter
cards that would accept a cable with the other end attached to one of those
ports. I'm assuming the other four are for connecting to multiple servers
at once? Does anyone know if a pci adapter card would work in an hp g7 or
would I have to get a special adapter like an hba? Then I'd just need to
buy an infiniband cable, hook them up and the server would see it as
another set of hard drives? Not super versed in server tech and adapters,
better with Linux and software.
  If I don't go this way for faster speeds then I can just install freenas
and I'm good :) can anyone answer my questions please?

Thank you!