[Cialug] SANs/NASes

khamil8686 at gmail.com khamil8686 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:20:26 UTC 2017

I’m looking into building my own for a fun project. I am checking into parts, but thinking of creating a nas out of an old pc box and mod it to hold lots of 1Tb+ hard drives if there isn’t room enough already. Then add a raid card, make sure the NIC is gigabit, and I was thinking maybe I could add a fibre channel card to make it more like a real san if the cards exist? 😊