[Cialug] SAS Hard Drives?

Nicholas Olson nicholas.olson83 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 01:22:47 UTC 2017

If I remember correctly, you have the same server as me (or at least very
similar).  I sourced most of the drives in mine as refurbs from Amazon or
ServerMonkey.  I've yet to have any issues [knock on wood] with any I've
gotten in the past 4 years. I was just looking to buy some more yesterday
actually. 146GB drives are dirt cheap right now [10-20$].  300GBs are about
40-50$. Those are the main drives I use in the two servers which house my
hypervisor/VMs,  Depending what you need the storage for and how much space
you want, you can also go the NAS route.  I have two 12TB FreeNAS boxes I
set up mounted as datastores and have had no complaints.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>