[Cialug] Email server

khamil8686 at gmail.com khamil8686 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:53:59 CDT 2017

  That looks pretty good. Would also get some amazon experience in the mean time. I don’t send/receive anywhere near that amount of email. This may be good just to try, mxroute is 2nd/1.5th on my list since its specifically for mail, and then digitalocean/chicagoVps. I will have to switch my domain name over to whatever vps I choose in the end, and go back to using a free subdomain DDNS one for my home server so I can do some things there. Keeping email specifically encrypted in the cloud on my mail server.  I think I will try setting up a free one with Amazon SES and see how that goes. If it isn’t reliable I will probably use paid ones like mxroute, then digitalocean/chicagoVps. Does Amazon SES provide filtering services or do I need to set up spamassassin/another spam filter?
  One thing I wondered, if I set up an authoritative nameserver on port 53 using my domain name, point dns towards there, and put reverse lookup for my home mail server, would emails be rejected? Purely an academic example that I was curious about. It would probably get emails rejected whenever the ip changed and the script to update the reverse entry hadn’t run yet.

Thanks again for all your suggestions everyone! 😊