[Cialug] Firewall question

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Mar 8 17:41:53 CST 2017

The messages to which you have attached screenshots were both held up by
the listserv because they exceed the message size limit.  I have already
approved both for distribution to the list.  The limit seems arbitrarily
small, though it could have been set over a decade ago, when broadband
was in its infancy. Also, to put things in perspective, if you send a
message to the list that is exactly as large as the limit, the listserv
has to deliver 25+MB of email.  We have a relatively well-used list, and
I've never bothered to try to figure out how much data the list might be
sending per month, but it has to be fairly significant. If we have a
transfer limit of some sort, the list probably eats a decent portion of it.

If you want to make sure your messages are delivered without list
moderator approval and also do your part to conserve cialug.org server
bandwidth, copy+paste of text is what should be used.

Thanks!

-- Matt (N0BOX)